Hello all! This semester I will be shipping myself to Florence Italy, where with any luck I will spend four whole months in a pasta, gelato and wine induced stupor (my fingers are firmly crossed). No, seriously.
I have only been to Europe once before for a brief two week tour of England and Scotland, so, for the most part, I will be experiencing Europe through virgin eyes. I’ve seen images of the eiffel tower so many times I feel like I’ve been there; Mona Lisa seems like an old friend. After last semester’s art history course, I would be happy to never, ever see Rome’s colosseum or it’s basilica’s (been there, studied that). Even though I can’t deny my trepidation, bordering on dread, for 7 days from now when I have to wrench myself away from my friends and family back home to board a plane that is going to separate us by one big, wide ocean, I know that under that layer of anxiety I have expectation of seeing the basilica, the colloseum, mona lisa and the tower and being excited, enthused, even swept off my feet (here’s to hoping!).
So, the travel guides are a plenty, my new leather walking boots still stiff, and my airline-regulation-defying luggage is ready to be packed. Tuscany, get ready! I’m coming to drink my way through!
xoxo - Katie